Saturday, October 26, 2013

Diy Rapunzel Costume


  So, when the movie Tangled first came out my friends would mess with me and call me Rapunzel. You know that scene where she hits Flynn, or Eugine, with a frying pan? Yep, apparently that is something I would do. My blonde and longish hair just helped their point. Hey, I'm not complaining though. If they would like to call me a princess I am perfectly fine with that. 
(Cute little curtsy)
   That being said, during Homecoming week this year we had character day. I thought I would attempt to be Rapunzel since I "look like her". It turned out to be a lot easier than I thought.

  
  I wore a purple knee length dress, a pink half jacket, and a white slip. Simple right? Yes! Since I had to wear shoes I wore simple gold sandals. I tried to avoid bringing attention to my feet since Rapunzel does not wear any shoes.

  For my hair I simply french braided it then found all of the flower clips I owned and clipped them in.

  For fun I used my brothers green lizard toy to be Pascal.
 

 

 
  An optional alternative to the dress and jacket would be this:
A purple short sleeved shirt over a pink long-sleeved shirt paired with a purple skirt.

Optional things to add to this costume would be gold jewelry, a frying pan (yes, seriously), and a green lizard. 
 
 

  Enjoy putting together your DIY Rapunzel costume, I know I did! Remember, the main colors are pink and purple with gold accents. These are just two ways you can put together this costume. I'm sure you can come up with some creative ways too! If you happen to post about how you made your DIY Rapunzel costume I would love to read about it in the comments below.
 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from friends...