Sunday, September 2, 2012

Watcha Wanna Know? The Answers...


So, last week I decided to do a little question answer session with all of you!
I had a lot of fun reading and answering those questions. They were so interesting, and I'm glad you all jumped in.
Thank you every one who asked and participated!

Here are my answers- 

This is just referring to the title of your blog, but which do you prefer more: finding a vintage item or being creative and designing items?
Answer: This is a hard one. I really like finding vintage items but I also like being creative, designing items and projects myself.  However, I love to find vintage items that I can refurbish or just touch up to make it fit in modern day decor while still keeping the vintage touch.

Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
Answer: I get inspiration from almost anywhere. I actually really enjoy Target, because I'll often find something there that inspires me. Then, I can try to figure out a way to recreate the look on my own. I also browse Pinterest often. But sometimes I do just get ideas from my own imagination, which is always the best!

From: Peggy
What are your other hobbies, besides blogging?
Answer: I love to sing and play guitar. I also write, bake, and attempt to paint or draw.

What motivates you every day?
Answer: I have a lot of things that motivate me. One of the main things is knowing that I can make a difference in someone's life using God's power in me.

From: Jennifer
Have you always liked vintage stuff or is it a new thing for you?
Answer: I would say I fell in love with vintage stuff about two or three years ago. Around that time, I became a big fan of Jane Austen and I guess you could say that opened the door to appreciate times gone by.

What was your favorite memory (so far) from Summer 2012?? :)
Answer: I took a missions trip earlier this summer to Africa and I have to say that's probably my favorite memory so far. I find myself constantly thinking about the people there and desiring to go back (which I plan on doing next summer =] ).

From: Anita
Since I live in NYC, what TV show would you like to visit?
Answer: I'd like to visit either Kleinfeld for Say Yes to the Dress, or Cupcake Wars (although I'm not sure exactly where that's located).

Where is your favorite place to shop for vintage finds?
Answer: I like to shop at thrift stores and yard sales the most. I do like antique stores but I mostly just go to look around. Antique store prices are much higher than thrift stores and yard sales, probably because they know what they have.

From: Connie @ Measured by the Heart
What are your favorite books? Always looking for a good read.
Answer: I love reading Christian romance or mystery novels, and like I already said, Jane Austen.
I mostly read fiction, and while I'm not sure I can choose my one favorite book, I can give you my top three.
1. A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander
2. The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen
3. My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade (you can my review of this book here)
Each one of these ladies are amazing authors! I have all of Tamera Alexander and Becky Wade's books. 

From: Living at the Whitehead's Zoo
Whats your best tip for staying organized as a blogger?
Answer: I am a very new blogger so I'm still learning a lot. As of now, the best tip I have is to not over-do yourself. You don't want to plan too much to do because then if you don't finish it all it can stress you out (and that's not fun). So, I would say my best tip is to manage your schedule.
 
Tell us about your pets/family? 
My family is very big so I'll just state the basics. I have two Great Danes, five brothers, and one sister. I have my Dad, and my Mom and Step-Dad, and most of my grandparents live close by as well. I love all of them and don't know what I'd do without them.

What made you decide to start blogging? 
My mom is a blogger at Just a Little Creativity and seeing her blog inspired me to do my own. It looked so fun and interesting so I thought I'd try.



Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit more!
See you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from friends...