Monday, January 14, 2013

{52 Weeks} Healthy Chick-Fil-A Nuggets!

I don't know about you but I LOVE Chick-Fil-A! Especially the nuggets and sauce? Am I right? So for my moms and I second 52 week Pinterest Challenge we found a copy-cat recipe for Chick-Fil-A nuggets and sauce.

Who found it? Mom!
What pin? This one from Iowa Girl Eats!

Here it is! The beautiful recipe!
How did we make it healthier? We simply baked them instead of frying them.

Baked Chick-fil-A Nuggets serves 6  WW points+ 5
Ingredients- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup pickle juice
1 egg
1-1/4 cups flour
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Directions- Cut chicken into nugget sized pieces, and season with salt and pepper. Mix milk, pickle, juice, and egg and pour into ziplock bag, along with the chicken. Let marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Preheat to 425 Next, add flour, powdered sugar, salt, and pepper in a separate ziplock bag.  Place marinated chicken into bag, and shake well to fully cover. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil, and lay out nuggets. Lightly spray olive oil once again over the nuggets, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Flip over nuggets and continue to bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. 


For the sauce, we used THIS Pin, the original recipe comes from Iowa Girl Eats, and you can find it HERE.
I also tweeked this one just a bit to adjust to the ingredients I had on hand, so here you have it-
Chick Fil-A Sauce serves 6 WW points+ 3
Ingredients- 1/2 cup Mayo 1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbs honey
1 tbs honey BBQ sauce

Directions-
Stir all ingredients together, serve with nuggets.


What I thought about it?
I enjoyed working on this with my mom and her teaching me how to cook. We had fun mixing the recipe and just simply making it.

I really loved the way they tasted... I might have even stole some of my brothers. 

Let us know how yours turned out!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. You have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Check out the post here: http://wideospaces.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-round-2.html
    XO Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from friends...